Bark Frameworks, an employee-owned, custom framing and art services company in Long Island City that has been leading the industry since 1969, seeks a skilled art crater to work full time in our woodshop. Responsibilities include building Travel Frames and One-Way Crates, and assisting with Standard, Sculpture and Museum Cases (which the candidate will learn to build as they gain experience). Occasional help with lumber/supplies for all woodshop deliveries as needed.
Please note: This position is full time and reports Monday – Friday to our shop in Long Island City. This is not a remote position.
- Read and execute custom design plans based on provided dimensions, cut sheets, and drawings
- Safely operate power tools and saws, including panel, table, miter, and radial arm saws
- Clean and prepare various crate interiors based on design plans
- Maintain clean workspace, dust collections, and organize supplies
- Build out benches/workspace as needed
- Previous art handling and crating experience
- Knowledge and experience of power tools (router, belt sander, biscuit joiner, pneumatic tools, and saws)
- Experience with crating/packing materials (Tyvek, Marvelseal, Volara, MDO, Masonite, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs. regularly
- Desire and interest to learn to adapt to new developing ideas
- Team player and excellent communicator
- A passion for working to the absolute highest industry standards
- Willingness to work overtime if needed
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with a desire for long-term employment
- All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to their start date (or have an approved religious or medical exemption or accommodation in place) and must provide proof of vaccination status as part of their onboarding, as a condition of employment.
- Health and dental insurance
- Accrued paid vacation and personal time
- Paid holidays
- Option to participate in company 401k plan
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Attractive, clean, climate controlled work environment
- Hourly, based on experience and skill level
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume, along with a cover letter detailing why they are interested in this position, and email to:
Word or .pdf documents only please. Please include “HR: Art Crater” in the subject line.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for immediate interviews. No phone calls, please — due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Bark Frameworks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.