Bark Frameworks, an employee-owned, custom framing and art services company in Long Island City that has been leading the industry since 1969, seeks a full time, entry-level design assistant to work in our Design Department. Responsibilities include assisting a team of four full-time designers, measuring and conditioning art, aiding in the safe wrapping and storage of art to be framed, photography of artwork as needed, helping reception when needed (answering phones/doors), and other projects.
Please note: This position reports to our LIC showroom five days a week (there is no work from home element to this position at this time).
- Education or background in fine art, art history, or design
- Basic competency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; fluent in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with CAD software a plus
- Desire to work with and grow our clientele of artists, collectors, galleries, etc.
- Experience or skill in photography/marketing/graphic design a plus
- Must be reliable, a team player, and a good communicator
- Positive attitude with a desire to learn and be the best in the industry
- Must be comfortable lifting/handling large and sometimes heavy artworks (50 lbs)
- Must work safely at all times, and be aware of safety guidelines (provided)
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter who is passionate about art and interested in a career in design; someone who wants to learn about our designs and archival framing methods – and who is interested in eventually working with clients. We seek a reliable team player who maintains the highest safety standards and is sensitive to confidential information.
- Health and dental insurance
- Accrued paid vacation and personal time
- Paid holidays
- Option to participate in company 401k plan
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Attractive, clean, climate controlled work environment
- Hourly, based on experience and skill level
How to Apply
If you have a background in art or design, an eye for detail, and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume along with a brief summary of why you think you see yourself as an ideal candidate, to:
Put HR: DESIGN ASST in the subject line.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to respond to every e-mail. We will contact those who seem like a good fit. Thank you.
Bark Frameworks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.