Our Design team is growing! Bark Frameworks, an employee-owned framing shop in LIC that has been leading the industry since 1969, seeks an experienced frame designer and sales person. The frames we make are designed by us and realized by our team of expert craftspeople, all under one roof. Designing at Bark provides a unique opportunity to work closely with the practitioners who fabricate and assemble your designs – to problem solve and work through complications together, and to learn from each other throughout the process.
Designers at Bark also work directly with our clients – collectors, galleries, artists, interior designers, museums, and fine art consultants throughout the New York City area. Your work will include meeting with clients both in- and outside of our Long Island City showroom, and designing solutions to preserve and present their works according to the highest standards of archival framing and aesthetic judgment. The candidate should be knowledgeable about modern and contemporary art, have an excellent work ethic, and be interested in learning and growing with an employee-owned company. For more information about our company, please visit barkframeworks.com.
Please note: This position is NOT remote, and reports to our LIC shop five days a week.
- 2+ years of picture framing design and sales experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Keen knowledge of local, national and international art world clientele with a passion for collaborative and welcoming client service
- Positive attitude, ability to handle all types of personalities, and a desire to provide the best in customer service to our clients
- Interest in public speaking and a desire to educate clients and others about Bark’s history and approach to design
- Scholarly interest in the history of frame design preferred
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator helpful
- Must be comfortable handling artwork safely including large and sometimes heavy artworks (50 lbs).
- Must work safely at all times, and be aware of safety guidelines (provided)
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary
- All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to their start date (or have an approved religious or medical exemption or accommodation in place) and must provide proof of vaccination status as part of their onboarding, as a condition of employment.
- Health and dental insurance
- Accrued paid vacation and personal time
- Paid holidays
- Option to participate in company 401k plan
- Employee Stock Ownership
- TransitChek commuter program (optional)
- Attractive, clean, climate controlled work environment
- The salary range for this position is between $60,000 – $65,000, with final offer dependent on experience level, skill set and ability.
How to Apply
If you have design experience and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume, along with a cover letter detailing your interest, and a few work samples, to:
Put HR: FRAME DESIGNER in the subject line.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to respond to every e-mail. We will contact those who seem like a good fit. Thank you.
Bark Frameworks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.