Administration and Registration Assistant
Bark Frameworks, an employee-owned custom framing and art services company that has been leading the industry since 1969, is currently seeking an Administration and Registration Assistant for our Long Island City showroom and shop. This position is client-facing, and the candidate should be personable, pay attention to detail, and possess the ability to multitask and stay calm in a fast paced, deadline-based environment. This role also includes administrative duties as well as traditional registration functions. The Administration and Registration Assistant is the first contact between our clients and Bark Frameworks – professionalism and customer service skills are of utmost importance. Candidate should be interested in learning and growing with an employee-owned company.
Please note: This position reports Monday – Friday to our LIC shop. There is no work from home element to this role.
- Assists the Registrar in all functions, including intake, registration, and storage of artworks; scheduling client pick-ups, deliveries and installations; payments of invoices.
- Handles client and vendor inquiries via telephone, in person, and website.
- Administrative work, including answering doors/phones, invoicing, handling remittance, inputting bills, tracking expenses, supporting the Office Manager, and additional projects as needed.
- Provides estimates for, fulfills, packages, and ships orders from our online store.
- First point of contact in handling and enforcing the company’s health screenings/COVID-19 safety protocols with visitors to our facility.
- BA. in art, art history, or equivalent background preferred.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in Registration or art/museum/gallery field.
- Candidate must be well-spoken and professional, extremely detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task under pressure.
- Candidate must possess superior customer service, communication skills, and discretion when dealing with clients, staff, colleagues, vendors, etc.
- Knowledge of art handling, storage, and registration standards/best practices.
- Passion for fine art and the art industry; dedication to absolutely the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Knowledge of database systems preferred; knowledge of QuickBooks a plus.
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs / intake and delivery of artwork
- Health and Dental insurance offered
- Accrued paid vacation and personal time
- Paid holidays
- Option to participate in company 401k plan
- TransitChek commuter program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Hourly, based on experience and skill level
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Applicant must provide documentation that they are legally able to work in the United States.
If you have the above qualifications and feel you’d be a good fit for this position, please email us your resume with a brief cover letter (in .pdf or Word format) outlining your interest in the Admin. and Registration Assistant position to
Please put HR: REG ASST in the subject line.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to respond to every e-mail. We will contact those who seem like a good fit. Thank you.
Bark Frameworks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.