Bark Frameworks, an employee-owned, custom framing and art services company in LIC that has been leading the industry since 1969, seeks a qualified candidate for freelance work in our woodshop. This is an entry-level position (not supervisory). The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, some woodworking experience, and a genuine desire to learn and grow as a craftsperson. If you are good at hand sanding, have an eye for detail, and care about upholding the highest standards of quality, please send us your resume.
This position reports Monday – Friday to our shop in Long Island City. This is not a remote position.
Please note: Hiring for this position is contingent upon a successful background check. Candidate will have to sign a contract and confidentiality waiver before starting employment. Candidate will have to adhere to current Bark Frameworks codes of conduct, and protocols for COVID-19 (including our vaccination requirement).
- Must be reliable, a team player, and a good communicator.
- Must work safely at all times, and be aware of safety guidelines (provided)
- Positive attitude, organized, and detail-oriented
- Willingness and desire to learn and to be the best in the industry
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines when needed
- Must come to work on time and be able to work overtime if necessary
Skills and Experience
- At least 1-2 years of woodworking experience is REQUIRED for this position.
- Experience in custom woodworking preferred
- A desire to do work of the highest level of craftsmanship
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision
- Experience working in manufacturing environment a plus
- HVLP spray painting and or crate building experience a plus
- $20 – $22/hour, based on experience and skill level
- This position is not eligible for benefits
How to Apply
If you have at least 1-2 years of woodworking experience and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume, along with a brief summary of why you think you would be a good person for the job, to:
Only Word or .pdf documents. Please put HR: JUNIOR WOODWORKER in the subject line.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to respond to every e-mail. We will contact those who seem like a good fit. Thank you.
Bark Frameworks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.