Bark Frameworks, an employee-owned, custom framing and art services company in Long Island City that has been leading the industry since 1969, seeks a skilled mat-maker to work in our Art Preservation department. This role includes laminating mats, as well as measuring and cutting mats to custom sizes; occasional help unloading supplies or help in other depts as needed.
Please note: This position is full time and reports Monday – Friday to our shop in Long Island City. This is not a remote position.
- Previous work experience in mat making.
- A thorough knowledge and practice of matting and all associated skills, specifically: measuring, cutting, sanding, and mat-laminating.
- Experience with art handling/delivery/client contact a plus
- Team player and excellent communicator
- A passion for working to the absolute highest industry standards
- Desire to learn and willingness to adapt to new developing ideas
- Willingness to work overtime if needed
- Flexibility in assisting other departments as needed (training provided)
- Must be able to lift 40 – 50 lbs (supplies)
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with a desire for long-term employment
- All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date (or have an approved religious or medical exemption or accommodation in place) and must provide proof of vaccination status as part of their onboarding, as a condition of employment.
- Health and dental insurance
- Accrued paid vacation and personal time
- Paid holidays
- Option to participate in company 401k plan
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Attractive, clean, climate controlled work environment
- $20 – $22/hour, based on experience and skill level
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing why they are interested in this position, along with a resume to:
(Word or .pdf documents only please).
Please include “HR: Matting” in the subject line.
Bark Frameworks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.