Bark Frameworks, an employee owned custom framing and art services company that has been leading the industry since 1969, seeks a qualified freelance candidate to work as a saw operator in the metal room of our Long Island City shop. The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and a genuine desire to learn and grow as a craftsperson. Wood shop experience a plus. Candidate should be prepared to demonstrate their skills during the interview process. Please have solid references available. If you are good at metalworking, work safely with machinery and tools, have a positive, collaborative personality and an eye for detail, please send us your resume.
Please note: Hiring for this position is contingent upon a successful background check. Candidate will have to sign a contract and confidentiality waiver before starting employment. Candidate will have to adhere to current Bark Frameworks codes of conduct, and protocols for COVID-19 (including daily health assessments).
- Must be RELIABLE, collaborative, and a good communicator.
- Positive attitude, organized, and detail-oriented
- Willingness and desire to learn and to be the best in the industry
- Must work safely at all times, and be aware of safety guidelines (provided)
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines when needed
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work schedule (depending on work load), and to work overtime if necessary
- Willingness to cross-train within the metal shop (table saw, drill press, etc.) and across departments.
- All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to their start date (or have an approved religious or medical exemption or accommodation in place) and must provide proof of vaccination status as part of their onboarding, as a condition of employment.
Skills and Experience
- At least 1-2 years of safely working with saws – preferably in a metal work capacity — experience is REQUIRED for this position.
- General knowledge of hand tools a plus; mechanically inclined.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or fine art framing field a plus.
- Experience welding a plus.
- Experience braising extruded aluminum and brass is a strong plus.
- Practical knowledge of table saw operations, such as ripping metal and/or wood with appropriate feather board setups.
- Woodworking, crate-building, sanding, and/or finishing experience a plus.
- Ability to take precise measurements.
- A desire to do work of the highest level of craftsmanship
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision
- Hourly rate, based on experience and skill level
- This position is not eligible for benefits
How to Apply
If you have solid saw and/or metal working experience (woodworking experience a plus) and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume, along with a brief summary of why you think you would be a good person for the job, to:
Put HR: SAW OPERATOR in the subject line.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to respond to every e-mail. We will contact those who seem like a good fit. Thank you.
Bark Frameworks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.