Bark Frameworks, a custom framing and art services company in Long Island City, seeks a contract Bookkeeper who can oversee day-to-day accounting, monthly finance requirements, as well as some administrative and building-related activities. The ideal candidate is a skilled multi-tasker, detail oriented, and reliable.
This is NOT a remote position: 10-15 hrs/ week in the office. Monday hours (approx. 2-3) are required (for payroll processing); the other hours can be chosen by the candidate.
Please note: Hiring for this position is contingent upon a successful background check. Candidate will have to sign a contract and confidentiality waiver before starting employment. Candidate will have to adhere to current Bark Frameworks codes of conduct, and protocols for COVID-19 (including daily health assessments). Candidate must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an accommodation notice from a healthcare professional, upon hire.
- Perform day-to-day accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process payment of bills, purchase orders, invoices and outgoing vendor payments
- Process weekly payroll for salary and hourly employees
- Record and track all payments, credit cards, and bank accounts in QuickBooks
- Reconcile month-end closing procedures (bank and credit card statements) in QuickBooks
- Report/filing State sales tax on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Liaise with outside accountant; assist with monthly, quarterly and yearly processes and compliance
- Maintain filing system
- Assist with general office work including answering phones and taking messages
- Assist with building management administration including bill pay, scheduling repairs and inspections, addressing any fines, liaising with security and alarm companies, arranging oil deliveries, and other duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or relevant field
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and QuickBooks
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Extremely well organized and methodical
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations
Salary: $30-40 (Hourly)
This position is not eligible for benefits
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing why they are interested in this position, along with a resume to: (Word or .pdf documents only please). Please include “HR: Bookkeeper” in the subject line.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to respond to every e-mail. We will contact those who seem like a good fit. Thank you.
Bark Frameworks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.